Support Service Technician, IT
Competitive compensation with incredible opportunity for advancement. Paid vacation, sick time, and holiday for qualified employees.
Growing Managed Service Provider located in Canoga Park/Woodland Hills area is looking for a bright and motivated IT Technician to provide support to our end users. This position is a full time, schedule may vary and must be flexible for on call and after hours. Must have your own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and current insurance. Candidate reports to our Help Desk Supervisor, and must be a problem-solver and have a proven track record of working within a team environment. Our service engineers are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective remote monitoring, maintenance, problem identifying, and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service.
Job duties include utilizing service specific tools and technologies to deliver support service and update service request information, answer technical support calls, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate working with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired.
The Position Entails
- Troubleshooting user problems over the phone and with remote control technologies
- Provide professional courteous onsite support to new and existing customers
- Accurate documentation of all activities conducted
- The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our user’s networks, equipment, software and services
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, switching, routing, and VPNs
- Network and server design, configuration, implementation and migration
- Microsoft desktop and server systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Office 2003/2007/2010/2013, Microsoft server 2003/2008/2012, including SBS, Exchange 2003/2007/2010, ActiveSync, Outlook Anywhere/Web Access SQL 2005/2008
- Good understanding of network architecture and protocols. Proven network troubleshooting skills required
- Remote access solutions (VPN, Terminal Services, Etc.)
- Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, VDI)
- Troubleshooting network firewalls and configure VPNs
- Cisco experience is a plus
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a helpdesk environment
- 4+ years of professional experience in a technical support role
Minimum Skills& Requirements
- Excellent communication skills in a helpdesk capacity
- Must be organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed
- Previous experience working in high-energy, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic environment
Send us a brief introduction about yourself and why you would be a good fit along with your resume.